5520 - 121 Avenue
The community of Newton is a quiet area just north of Highlands that features tree-lined streets, quaint houses and friendly faces enjoying a walk around the block. Approximately 3,000 people call the area home, and most have put down roots. According to city statistics, more than 65 per cent of Newton's residents have lived in the neighbourhood for more than five years. Newton Community League is committed to achieving a healthy, safe and friendly environment by providing information, programs, support and resources to enhance the sense of community for Newton Residents.
Newton residents are invited to attend our monthly general meetings, held in our community hall, on the first Tuesday of every month at 7pm. Attend and find out what’s really going on in our Community.
If you are interested in obtaining a Newton Community League membership, please contact our Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Included on the Agenda will be:
- Approval of Minutes from the previous Annual General Meeting
- Reports from the Executive and Program Directors
- Presentation of the Treasurer’s Annual Financial Statements and the Report from the Audit Committee.
- Election of Officers, who will also sit as Members of our Board and,
- Election of three “Directors at Large” which are newly considered positions.
- Consideration and approval or rejection of any proposed modifications to our Bylaws
Members, who wish to run for anyone of these positions, should notify the Secretary of the League, in writing or by e-mail to email@example.com so that a complete list of eligible candidates can be presented to the Community at the May 6th, monthly general meeting.
Duties of the Officers and the Board of Directors are outlined in Part 6 of the 2013 Newton Community League Bylaws
Please stay tuned to our website for further information and position descriptions as well.
The following positions are open for election at the June 1st meeting:
- Vice President
- Director at Large (3 positions)